Sunday, May 10, 2009

Southern Maryland Emmaus Walk #31

My name is Pat Knowland, I worship at La Plata United Methodist Church, I walked on Southern Maryland Emmaus Walk #21, and I sat at the Table of Matthew (clap).

So how's your Emmaus fix going so far this spring? We've had a great turnout for the Men's Walk (#31) and Women's Walk (#32) this year! As a matter of fact, we had the largest walk ever for the Men's Walk (20 Pilgrims)! Now that's something to praise God for!

I just wanted to say that I had the opportunity to Team this spring, and I had a very good experience! I met several new friends, re-newed old friendships, and of course, got closer to God! You can't get any better than that for a great experience!

I just wanted everyone to know that it's never too early to start thinking (and praying) about this falls walks! You need to start sending in your PILGRIM and/or TEAM applications as soon as possible so we can start planning the fall walks!

The Men's Walk went real good. Joe Hegedus did a masters job of keeping everyone in line (even Everett and Lawrence). Chris Owen reports that the Women are having a great time, and they should be finishing this afternoon.

Remember, send your applications in soon!

YBIC

Pat Knowland

1 comment: